Friday, April 28, 2023

Book of the Week: He Gave Gifts Unto Men: God's Plan For Ministry In The Kingdom (Abundant Truth Leadership)

 


Ministry is a valuable part of the Kingdom. God anoints individuals in the Church with ministries and gifts to glorify Him. However, as the day of the Lord hastens, we find many believers entering into ministry with wrong motives. In addition, others are pursuing gifts for their own personal gain. This publication will give believers a pure perspective for ministry. 




Excerpt:

God chose Israel to be a special people unto Himself. This was done so that all nations would accept Israel’s God as their own. They were to participate in the salvation of the world. 

Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me. I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour. I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, that I am God. (Isaiah 43:10-12)

God told them that they were His witnesses that He was God. Israel was supposed to display God to the world, and thus turn the nations unto Him. 

When Israel disobeyed God, He anointed men to aid in their salvation. God anointed men and women that would help them remain in right standing with Him. The priests were anointed by God to make sacrifices for the sins of the people. 

The judges were anointed by God to deliver the people. In addition, the prophets were anointed by God to cause the people to return to God rather than face His judgment. God anoints us today for the same purposes:

1) We are anointed to intercede and pray for one another as priests.

2) We are anointed to help restore and deliver one another as judges.

3) We are anointed to encourage one another to serve the Lord as prophets.

God anointed individuals in the Old Testament for Israel’s benefit. All in the Body of Christ are responsible to fulfill the charge given to Israel; we are to be witnesses to the world. In addition, believers are instructed to encourage and exhort one another in their salvation. However, we find that Israel failed and God promised that He would send a Messiah. This Christ would not only come for Israel, but for the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment